In this article, you'll learn how to add a Rumble channel to your Switchboard account and Go Live!
Create the Rumble Live Stream Event
Log into your Rumble account.
Click the Camera Icon at the top right of the Rumble account, and select Go Live from the drop-down menu.
Or use this Link
Click the live stream option or use a saved template in your Rumble account.
Fill out the live stream details, like the title description and content type.
- Upload a short video. This video acts as a placeholder to display before the live stream begins or if the connection is lost during the broadcast.
TIP: Use a video that aligns with your agency's brand voice.
- Upload a thumbnail.
- Insert tags for discoverability.
- Depending on the Rumble account, choose who will stream.
- Decide when you want the live stream to happen or schedule it in the future.
- Next, choose visibility options: public, unlisted, or private.
- You have the option for videos to become private after the broadcast.
- Click Next.
Decide on the licensing options, fill in additional information, and agree on the terms.
- Click Submit.
- Note: You'll be brought to the live stream page, where you are presented with video link-sharing options, embed options, and monetary embed options.
❗️Important Note: You must generate a new stream Key and Stream URL in Rumble before each live stream. Don't use the Rumble Static Stream Key.
Next, Click Get Streamer Configuration to get the event's Server URL and Stream Key. You'll need the information to add it to your Switchboard Account.
Add Rumble to a Destination Group
- Log into your Switchboard account on a new tab in your window browser.
- Click the Rumble icon in the quick navigation bar at the bottom of the destination group.
Copy and Paste the Rumble Server URL and Stream Key into the appropriate fields.
❗️Important Note: You must generate a new Stream Key and Stream URL in Rumble before each live stream. Don't use the Rumble Static Stream Key.
- Click Next.
- Rumble has been successfully added to the destination group in your Switchboard Account.
Test the connection between Switchboard and Rumble
- Create a private test stream from Switchboard to Rumble.
- Under visibility in Rumble, choose the unlisted or private option. For this example, we've chosen Private.
- Start sending a signal from your live stream encoder to your Switchboard workflow.
- When a video appears on the Switchboard confidence monitor, click Go Live next to the Rumble destination you've just added.
- The video should be displayed privately (or unlisted) on Rumble.
How to Go Live from Switchboard to Rumble
Now that you've added Rumble to your destination group, you're ready to go live!
Start sending the live stream from the live stream encoder to your Switchboard workflow, ensure the workflow receives the video feed, and click Go Live as usual.
👉🏽Pro Tip: Enable the autostart feature on Switchboard so that the next time you go live, the video will automatically start on Rumble and your other destinations, saving you an extra step.
Rumble's recommended Stream Settings
Please be sure to follow Rumble's recommended stream settings, which you can find here.