What are Templates?
Templates act as the metadata for your multistreams. They are designed for you to pre-set and change/update the metadata (title & stream description) when you are going live to your destinations.
Your templates can be accessed and managed by clicking the Main Menu > Templates
Templates are separated into two sections: Internal Information that is for personal use only, and your streaming audience can't see, and Streaming Information which will be made public on your live stream when you go live.
- Label your Template so that you will be able to identify it should you need to create more that one. Example: My Weekly Stream
- Provide a Private Note for this Template, a brief outline or comment for future reference if necessary
- Provide a Title for your multistream that you want your viewing audience to see
- Select a Category from the Dropdown that best classifies your content
- Write a Description of your live streaming content. What do you want your audience to know about your streaming content?
- Provide Tags that classify and describe your content. Add a tag by typing the word and pressing Enter
You may choose to Enable Low Latency Mode by clicking the Checkbox.
This feature reduces the possibility of steaming delays, and helps support real-time streaming.
Creating New Templates
- Click the plus icon to Add a New Template from the top of the Templates page.
- Fill out the Internal and Stream information.
- Congrats! You have successfully added a new Template to your Switchboard Cloud Account.
- Click Copy the Current Template from the top of the Templates page.
- On the right side of the Template Pane, hover over the Template you want to delete, and click the Trash Can. Select Yes, to confirm the deletion.