Why is my Confidence Monitor "Not Receiving Video" from my Encoder?
Your Confidence Monitor is located on the Workflow page and it is designed to act as a quick verification that your Encoder is sending video to Switchboard Cloud. But sometimes that doesn't always happen.
Below are some troubleshooting tips that may help to solve the issue.
If you are new to Switchboard Cloud, you will need to connect it to you encoder. Follow the steps in the support article below to get you started:
Make sure that your encoder is on and sending video to your Switchboard Cloud confidence monitor.
- Some Encoders have a “Go Live” button that you must press in order to start sending video to Switchboard Cloud.
Double check the configuration between your Encoder and Switchboard Cloud.
- Choose the appropriate Server Region for you location, this article goes over the steps on how to change your Server Region:
- Make sure that your Stream Server / URL and Stream Key match the appropriate fields in your Encoder.
- Reset or reboot your encoder if it does not use a Stream Server / URL and Stream Key to connect to Switchboard Cloud.
Check that your Encoder is using the most recent and up to date software.
- Perform a speed test check your internet settings.
- Remember, the upload speed is more important when you are live streaming.