Witness the evolution of Switchboard Cloud! See what’s new, what’s fixed, or just take a trip down memory lane to see what bugs we left decimated in our wake.
Thursday, September 17, 2020
- Added Facebook Producer and YouTube Studio links to destination status section
- Introduced Alpha version of Switchboard Embed Player with ABR delivery; currently only the Chrome browser is supported
Thursday, July 2, 2020
- Updated Streaming Church destinations with the correct destination icon and label
- Updated Akamai destinations with the correct destination icon and label
- Updated dlive destinations with the correct destination icon and label
- Updated Vimeo destinations with the correct destination icon and label
- Updated SnapStream destinations with the correct destination icon and label
- Fixed a bug when adding a new destination and then selecting the option to "Add Another Destination". Previously this would not add the new destination to your current workflow; this is fixed now.
- When you add a Custom RTMP destination, we now append a number to the name so that you can differentiate it between a second Custom RTMP destination. NOTE: you can always rename a Custom RTMP destination. Here is an article that shows you how to do so.
Thursday, June 25, 2020
So we have been a little bit behind updating this article with the latest and greatest. I have included highlighted items of significance as to what we have done over the past few months, in no specific order. The biggest undertaking was the backend (non-customer facing) improvements!
- Broadcast Pix has completed an integration of Switchboard Cloud within their StreamingPix product.
- Added the ability to set a YouTube & personal Facebook Page destinations Public/Private
- NewBlue Stream has added Switchboard Cloud as a destination within their newest application
- Fixed YouTube API authorization bug
- Added SnapStream as a destination
- LiveU Solo integration has been updated to include Switchboard Cloud as a One-Touch Streaming destination.
- Added Streaming Church as a destination
- Removed Mixer as a destination
- Updated the onboarding flow - New onboarding video
- Added a destination authorization check button
- Updated the design of our Branded Stream Share pages for our business customers
- We've done a ton of work on our backend...
- We've migrated our entire backend API to Google Kubernetes Engine (a very huge undertaking). This will help with overall system performance and enhance scalability moving forward.
- We've upgraded our backend framework two versions; this was long overdue and necessary to help us debug issues when they arise as well as application performance upgrades. This was long overdue and unfortunately took waaaayyy longer than originally planned. Yeah, we learned a lot during this process.
Until next month!
Friday, December 20, 2019
Full LinkedIn Live Support - Streaming live video to LinkedIn Live as a destination is now supported within Switchboard Cloud. You must first make sure that you have been approved via LinkedIn prior to attempting to add your LinkedIn individual page or company page. LinkedIn support has also been added as a share destination.
You can request access here: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/ask/lv-app
Please make sure to have live video present in your live confidence monitor, prior to starting multistreaming to LinkedIn Live. The Go Live button will stay grey until live streaming video is present and detected in the confidence monitor.
- Watermark Image Removal - Added support to remove uploaded watermark image
- Channel Image Icon - The default channel icon will be displayed for Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn destinations.
- Regenerate Stream Key - Only Switchboard Cloud account owners can regenerate stream key.
- Disable Onboard Wizard - Added option in the management option to disable the onboarding wizard; recommended for experienced/advanced Switchboard Cloud users only.
Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Facebook Scheduled Event - We have added support in Switchboard Cloud for scheduling a Live Facebook Video Broadcast within Switchboard Cloud; to learn more, read the following support article with the steps on how to do so.
- Edit Group - We repositioned the edit group icon from the far right to the left of the group name.
- Group Title – The Stream/Post Title field from the Active template is now displayed when an Active template is selected and a channel is added to the group; see image below:
- Templates – Templates are now assigned on a per-group basis; this will allow you to create and assign different templates per group to allow for different copy (text) on your destination channels; see image below:
- No Workflow Present - When no encoder workflow is present (for whatever reason), now there is a way to re-add an encoder workflow. Just click the text No Encoder Workflows Found - Click here to add one text to add; see image below:
- We've also made a handful of changes over the past few months that are too many to list. Our goal moving forward is to keep this updated on a monthly basis, and will also include and call out major updates in our newsletter. If you are not subscribed to our monthly newsletter I encourage you to stop what you are doing and do so now -- Click here to sign up!
Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Onboarding Wizard – Upon log-in, first-time users are now presented with a step-by-step wizard to learn how to add destinations, set-up encoders, and start multistreaming with Switchboard Cloud.
- Mevo Live Camera Compatibility – Mevo camera users can now use their camera to stream to Switchboard Cloud using Mevo's Custom RTMP streaming option.
- Facebook RTMPS – As of May 1, 2019, Facebook API only supports live streams using RTMPS. Switchboard Cloud has been updated to support this change.
- 12 Ingestion Points – Users now have 12 regions to choose from when setting up an encoder. This will help eliminate high latency when streaming. They include:
- Asia (East, Northeast, South)
- Australia Southeast
- Europe (North, West)
- South America East
- US (Central, East 1, East 2, West 1, West 2)
- New 'Go Live' and 'Stop Streaming' button – Instead of the slider button to activate your live stream, users are given the option to either 'Go Live' to begin their live stream, or 'Stop Streaming' to end it.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Webcaster Integration – Users of the Epiphan Webcaster X2 can seamlessly integrate their encoder with the Cloud Workflow with a simple pairing code.
- Ecamm Integration – Users can now connect directly to Switchboard Live when setting up their Destination through the Ecamm platform.
- DaCast Integration – DaCast users can now connect to Switchboard Live directly through Cloud's Destination dropdown menu.
- Workflow – Under the "Adding a Workflow Dropdown," users can now add Epiphan Webcaster X2.
- A Configuration tab has been added under the Confidence Monitor, displaying the Workflow name and Source Type
- Under the Detail tab, broadcast data has been consolidated into one section
- The signal Status is now visible under the Source and Detail tabs.
Thursday, August 02, 2018
- 20 Minute Demo – All new users now get a 20-minute free demonstration of Switchboard Cloud Professional.
- 14 Day Trial (Self Checkout) – Users interested in getting a 14-day free trial can now do so through our self-service checkout.
- Payment Workflow – Updated our payment workflow and billing management tool.
Monday, May 21, 2018
- Help Desk – Switchboard Cloud has launched its very own Help Desk to guide you through the software and show you some of the advanced features we offer. You can access this at support.switchboard.live
- Default Page – We've now set the default landing page to the last Workflow you used. This will simplify things for all users.
- Preview Audio – Added a new button in the Source Tab that allows you to preview your incoming feeds audio. To do this, click and hold down on the Preview Audio button, once you let go it mutes again.
- Confidence Monitor – The video monitor in Switchboard Cloud has been rebuilt. We've removed the old overlay and changed it to a standard "pause/play" button. The "Workflow Visibility" and "Remove Workflow" are now located at the bottom of the Source Tab.
- Streams Button Removed – The "Streams" button that was located in the Navigation Menu has been removed. Fear not, the page still exists, but you access it by selecting All Workflows in the Workflow Dropdown on any Workflow Page.
- Viewing A Workflow – Prior to this build, you'd access your Workflow by hovering over the Confidence Monitor and clicking the icon. This has been changed.
Adding Workflows – We've revamped the system for Adding Workflows. When adding, you'll be prompted with a modal to add your Workflow's Name, and select whether you want an RTMP Push or a Stream Link. Furthermore, you can now add them on two different pages... Adding Workflows via All Workflows –Add by clicking the "+" button in the sub-navigation menu.
- Adding Workflows via Workflow – Add by selecting "Add Workflow" in the Workflow Dropdown.
Creating Templates – We've added a new system for Adding Templates. You can now do this on your Workflow page by selecting the Template Dropdown and choosing Add Template. It will prompt you to enter the name of your Template, followed by the Metadata. Once saved, it will propagate to your platforms, even if your live.
- Stream Key – Default state of your Stream Key is now masked. There is a Show/Hide button above the input that will toggle its viewable state.
- Alerts – Revamped a lot of general alerts and warnings across Switchboard Cloud. They should now be easier to digest for those that don't read binary.
- All Workflows Carousel – Issue where the carousel would start at the last item rather than the first has been resolved.
- Team Invite – Fixed an issue with invalid email addresses throwing an error.