This article guides the user through the process of streaming video from the mobile Switcher Studio app to Switchboard Cloud.
NOTE: Once you complete the steps below to connect Switcher Studio and Switchboard we recommend that you use two different devices to independently manage both applications.
- If you are attempting to use Switchboard and Switcher Studio on the same iOS device, you will run into difficulties doing so, because when you tab/switch out of the Switcher Studio application to start your destinations in Switchboard via your web browser, you will lose "app focus" and the video will stop in Switcher.
- We are aware of this extra step and hope to work with Switcher to provide a more integrated simpler solution moving forward, but for now, we recommend using Switchboard on a second device (computer, phone, tablet) and using the Switcher Studio app as usual on your primary iOS device.
- The steps are explained in this support article: Going Live with Switcher Studio and Switchboard Live
- Select USE AS SWITCHER.
You will need to add Switchboard Live as an Output to connect with Switcher Studio.
- Access your Output Screen.
- Look for the square with the arrow icon, located at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose Custom RTMP by clicking on the blue circle arrow.
- Hit the Plus icon at the top right to add a channel.
- Give your channel a Nickname to easily identify later.
- Now you must log in to your Switchboard Cloud Account.
From Switchboard Cloud, copy the Stream URL and Stream Key. They are located under the confidence monitor. Paste them into the respective fields.
You may click Speed Test to gauge your Upload and Download speed in Mbps.
Press the Red Circle to begin streaming video to Switchboard Cloud.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected your Switcher Studio Encoder with Switchboard Cloud. You are now ready to start multistreaming to your destinations.
Follow the steps in this article to learn how to Go Live! with Switchboard Cloud.
PS: Now that you've completed the steps to connect Switcher Studio and Switchboard we recommend that you use a secondary device with a web browser to login to Switchboard Cloud and start your destinations for multistreaming. The steps are explained in this support article: Going Live with Switcher Studio and Switchboard Live
Supported Switcher Studio devices
Please review this support article for the list of Compatible devices for Switcher Studio.