You can follow the instructions below to learn how to stream on Twitter from Switchboard Cloud.
We recommend that you do the following before you begin the Twitter authorization.
1. Use a desktop computer to authorize and add Twitter as a destination to your Switchboard Account.
2. In the same browser, log into the appropriate Twitter account before starting the authorization process.
Add Twitter as a Destination
Click on the Twitter icon.
Next, an official Twitter Authorize Application will open in a new browser tab.
You may be prompted to log into your Twitter account. It helps to have pop-up blockers disabled.Log into your Twitter account and click continue.
Click the Authorize app button.
A successful screen should appear. You can now close the window by clicking FINISH or adding another destination by clicking the ADD ANOTHER DESTINATION button.
Congratulations! You've successfully added a Twitter channel to the workflow page.
If you click, Add Another destination follow the steps below.
Choose New Destination.
Choose a destination type from the menu, click authorize and follow the prompts.
Ready to Go Live!
Going live to Twitter from the Switchboard Workflow
- When ready to go live, start sending the video from your encoder into the appropriate workflow.
- Apply a template to publish a stream title and description for the video.
- Double-check that the video is showing on the Switchboard confidence monitor and that the “receiving” indicator is green.
- Select the destination and press Go Live.
Pro Tip: You can save time and eliminate the need to press Go Live in Switchboard by enabling the autostart feature ahead of time explained here: Enable the autostart feature.
How to add more than one Twitter account as a destination in your Switchboard account.
Please Note: Logging out of your Twitter account will revoke access to any applications connected to it. This is a Twitter security feature. If you log out of your Twitter account, you can quickly reauthorize it to your Switchboard account by following the steps in this support reference: Authorize destinations.
While logged into Twitter from a desktop, click the Twitter profile icon on the bottom left.
Select Add an existing account.
Follow the prompts.
Make sure there's a checkmark next to the Twitter account you would like to add as a destination to your Switchboard Account.
Return to your Switchboard Account.
Repeat the process of adding the Twitter channel as a new destination.