Note: These steps are for Zoom Admin account holders.
Ever think about using Zoom as your "cloud" encoder to stream to Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn Live, or Twitter? This article guides you through the process of streaming video from a Zoom Meeting to Switchboard Cloud.
Zoom is a great platform to host and conduct meetings/webinars, but it isn't your normal hardware or software encoder; think of it as a cloud encoder.
- Zoom Pro account or higher
- Zoom Desktop Client Version 4.1.11049.1024 for Windows or Mac
You will need to make sure that you properly configure the Live Streaming option in Zoom for your meeting:
Zoom Meeting Settings:
- Log in to Zoom and select Zoom Meetings from the upper left-hand menu option:
- Next select Personal Meeting Room
- Scroll to the bottom and select Edit button underneath the section labeled Live Streaming:
- You will need to login to Switchboard Cloud to grab the Stream URL and Server Key for your Custom Live Streaming Service in Zoom.
- Once you login to Switchboard Cloud copy/paste the following entries:
- You will need to copy/paste the Stream Server / URL from Switchboard Cloud and enter in the Stream URL field:
- You will need to copy/paste the Stream Key / Name from Switchboard Cloud and enter in the Stream Key field; select Show if it is masked.
- Save the changes
Now that this has been configured you are ready to go live. Here is how to do so within the Zoom application:
- Start your Zoom meeting
- Click the More... button on the Zoom meeting control toolbar
- Choose Live on Custom Live Streaming Service
- This starts the Live Stream with the settings you entered in the Setup the Stream in Zoom section above and opens the live stream for viewing in your web browser.
- Now your live video should be present in the preview monitor of Switchboard Cloud.
- Note: If you like to update the watermark image (Zoom logo) that is displayed in the lower right corner of your video, please check out the following Custom Live Streaming Watermark article to do so. Keep in mind that this is a free feature to enable, but you have to have a paid plan with more than 10 hosts such as Business or Education.