Ever think about using Zoom as your "cloud" encoder to stream to Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn Live, or Twitter? This article guides you through the process of streaming video from a Zoom Meeting to Switchboard Cloud.
Zoom is a great platform to host and conduct meetings/webinars, but it isn't your normal hardware or software encoder; think of it as a cloud encoder.
- Zoom Pro account or higher and the latest Zoom Desktop Client for Windows or Mac
You will need to make sure that you properly configure the Live Streaming option in Zoom for your meeting: to do so, follow the steps below!
Zoom Meeting Settings:
- Log into Zoom and Select the Settings Tab from the upper left-hand menu option:
- While in Settings, Click the Meeting tab in the left-hand menu option:
- Then Click In Meeting (Advanced) from the drop-down menu:
- Scroll down to the Allow live streaming meetings option and enable.
- Enable the last option Custom Live Streaming Service setting
- When finished, click Save.
• Then, scroll to back to the top and then select Zoom Meetings from the upper left-hand menu option:
- Next select Personal Meeting Room
- Scroll down to the Live Streaming section and click configure live stream settings near the Custom Live Streaming Service
- NOTE: You will need to login to Switchboard Cloud to grab the Stream URL and Server Key to complete the next steps.
- Once you login to Switchboard Cloud copy/paste the following entries (you can find this information in the left-hand panel under the confidence monitor)
- You will need to copy/paste the Stream Server / URL from Switchboard Cloud and enter in the Stream URL field: rtmp://ingest-us.switchboard.zone/live
- You will need to copy/paste the Stream Key / Name from Switchboard Cloud and enter in the Stream Key field. select Show if it is masked.
- NOTE: We recommend that you choose either the US or Global Switchboard Cloud Stream Server Zone.
- Settings in your Zoom account:
- Example below:
- Save the changes
Now that this has been configured you are ready to go live. Here is how to do so within the Zoom application:
- Start your Zoom meeting
- Click the More... button on the Zoom meeting control toolbar
- Choose Live on Custom Live Streaming Service
- This starts the Live Stream with the settings you entered in the Setup the Stream in Zoom section above and opens the live stream for viewing in your web browser.
- Now your live video should be present in the preview monitor of Switchboard Cloud.
- Note: If you like to update the watermark image (Zoom logo) that is displayed in the lower right corner of your video, please check out the following Custom Live Streaming Watermark article to do so. Keep in mind that this is a free feature to enable, but you have to have a paid plan with more than 10 hosts such as Business or Education.