I have been live streaming for quite some time, and have decided to use a different Encoder. How do I delete or change my current workflow?
You don't need to delete your current workflow encoder, simply rename it. The workflow is just a label that can be changed to whatever name you want to give it. If it is labeled ZOOM, you can still use it for OBS or any other encoder; you just can’t have ZOOM and OBS streaming to the same encoder workflow at the same time. Remember in one live stream session, you can only have one input at a time. You can, however, alternate between encoders for different live streaming events.
A workflow scenario could include something like this:
Monday you can use Zoom and Tuesday you can use OBS. Both encoders are configured for the same Switchboard encoder workflow, but you can alternate between the two.
Keep in mind, it is most important that you are using the correct Server / Stream URL, and Stream Key inside the settings of the new encoder workflow that you are using.
CAUTION: If you Delete your Encoder Workflow
- a NEW Steam Key will be generated.
It is important to copy/paste the new Stream Key and Server URL into the stream settings of the encoder.
- You will also lose any Destination Groups that you initially set up. You will need to re-create the destination groups by adding the existing destinations.
Rename (or delete) the Encoder Workflow
- Click on the three(3) dashes in the Top Left corner of your screen.
- Click on the green Switchboard logo (it will bring you to the Overview page).
- Click on the "CONFIG" tab.
- At this step, you can either Rename or Delete the workflow.
To Rename: Type the new name in the Workflow Name field
To Delete: Click the "Remove Workflow" button.
CAUTION: If you select "Remove Workflow" a New Stream Key will be generated.
- Click the "SOURCE" tab.
- Copy the Stream URL and Stream Key.
- Paste the info into their respective fields of the new encoder.
- Test the connection between the newly added encoder with your Switchboard Account. Turn on the encoder, and verify that the video is present on the Switchboard Cloud Confidence monitor.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected your Switchboard Account with another encoder.