I have been live streaming for quite some time, and have decided to use a different Encoder. How do I delete or change my current workflow?
You don't need to delete your current workflow encoder, simply rename it. The workflow is just a label that can be changed to whatever name you want to give it. If it is labeled ZOOM, you can still use it for OBS or any other encoder; you just can’t have ZOOM and OBS streaming to the same Switchboard Cloud Encoder workflow at the same time. Remember in one live stream session, you can only have one input at a time. You can, however, alternate between encoders for different live streaming events.
A workflow scenario could include something like this:
Monday you can use Zoom and Tuesday you can use OBS. Both encoders are configured for the same single Switchboard Cloud Encoder workflow, but you can alternate between the two based on the type of stream that you need to do.
Keep in mind, it is most important that you are using the correct Server / Stream URL, and Stream Key inside the settings of the new encoder workflow that you are using.
CAUTION: If you Delete your Encoder Workflow
- a NEW Steam Key will be generated.
You will need to copy the New Stream Key and paste it in your new Encoder, and any other place you are using the Stream Key.
- You will also lose any Destination Groups that you initially set up. You will need to set these up again.
Steps to change the Encoder workflow:
- Click on the three(3) dashes in the Top Left corner of your screen
- Click on the green Switchboard logo (it should bring you to you main page)
- Click on the "CONFIG" tab under the confidence monitor
- In the Workflow Name, rename the encoder workflow, or delete the workflow by clicking the "Remove Workflow" button.
CAUTION: If you "Remove Workflow" a New Stream Key will be generated
- Click the "SOURCE" tab, copy the Stream URL and Stream Key info from your current workflow and paste that into their respective fields of the new Encoder.
- Check that video is present inside the Switchboard Cloud Confidence monitor.