This support article will teach you how to delete an encoder workflow from your Switchboard Account. For the most part, you won't need to remove an encoder workflow from your Switchboard Cloud account. However, if you need to remove an encoder workflow, the process is very easy.
Concepts covered in this support article.
How to Delete an Encoder Workflow from your Switchboard Cloud Account
Click the CONFIG tab below the confidence monitor.
Click the Remove Workflow button.
Click the Delete button to confirm.
CAUTION: You will lose any Destination Groups that were part of the deleted workflow.
You will keep ALL Templates.
You will keep ALL Destinations.
- Remember, each workflow is independent of the other and houses its own destinations.
- If you delete the workflow, the destinations in the workflow will return to the destination manager page.
- The destination manager page is the location that lists all of the destinations that exist in your Switchboard cloud account.
The workflow overview page will open after you delete the workflow.
You will see different options depending on your account. If you have multiple workflows in your Switchboard account, you can click the view button to open one of the existing workflows.
Or, Create a new one by clicking on the Add Workflow button at the top.
Select your live streaming software ( encoder) from the list.
Configure your live streaming software with the new workflow.
Very Important Step
- Please make sure you update the RTMP URL and Stream Key information in the live streaming software to make sure it is properly connected to the new workflow you just created.
Copy the RTMP info and paste it into the appropriate corresponding fields of the live streaming ( encoder) you use.
You can test the connection between the two platforms by sending content from the encoder to the new workflow you created.
Create a Destination Group.
Add Destinations to the Group
Now you can add existing destinations (destinations you already have saved to your Switchboard Cloud account) or new destinations.
How to Add Existing Destinations
On the green add destination group bar, click the plus Icon.
Select Existing Destination from the menu.
Select the destinations from the list by clicking the checkboxes.
How to Add New Destinations
Click the social icon at the bottom of the destination group.
Follow the authorization process.
Repeat to add more destinations.
Rename the Encoder Workflow
Click the "CONFIG" button located below the confidence monitor.
Type the new name in the field.
You can even change the color of the source reference.
Next to the workflow name, click the color code Icon.
Choose a color from the palette.
Why would you need to rename your encoder workflow?
- You've decided to use a new encoder and want to keep the workflow set up.
- Your Switchboard Account has more than one encoder workflow with the same name, and it may make sense to rename the workflow to help identify each one better.
Take a look at this account below.
- It has 3 OBS encoder workflows, two will be used by two separate team members, and the primary Switchboard Account holder will use the other one.
- In this scenario, it makes sense to rename the encoder workflow so that each person can quickly identify theirs.