Use the Custom RTMP method in Switchboard Cloud to connect a previously created Facebook Live Event.
- Log into Facebook, find the scheduled Facebook Live Video
- Click the banner to edit the broadcast details
- You'll be brought to the Facebook Live Producer Page
- Take note of the Server URL (Stream Server) and Stream Key you will need to copy/paste this info in the next steps, while in Switchboard Cloud.
Add the Facebook Live scheduled stream as a Custom RTMP to your Switchboard Cloud Account.
Log into Switchboard Cloud
- Choose Add Destination and select New Destination from the menu
- Select RTMP from the list
- Paste the Stream Key and Server URL that you copied from Facebook into the appropriate fields.
NOTE: The Server URL starts with "rtmps://"
- You can rename the Custom RTMP Destination to easily identify for repeat use. See this article for directions on how to rename a Custom Destination.
- Hit the info button on the right
TIME TO "GO LIVE"
- Send video from your encoder to Switchboard Cloud
- Check that video is present in the Switchboard Cloud confidence monitor
- Select the Destinations on the right and hit the green "GO LIVE" button
- In Facebook Live Producer - verify that video is showing in the Preview window
- The video will automatically "GO LIVE" on Facebook at the scheduled time
- You can also "GO LIVE" immediately by hitting the blue "Enable Manual Mode"
- At the End of the Broadcast
-Facebook Live Producer - hit the red button "End Live Video"
-Switchboard Cloud - hit the red button "STOP STREAMING"
When it's time to repeat the Stream:
- Open Facebook Live Producer
- Select one of the Schedule options on the Left panel
Make sure that both are active: "Use Stream Key" and "Persistent Stream Key"
- Start sending video from Switchboard Cloud to the Custom RTMP destination
Congratulations! You are now streaming to your previously created Facebook Live Event using Switchboard Cloud's Custom RTMP method!