In this article we will show you how to schedule a Facebook Live Event with a persistent stream key and connect it to Switchboard Cloud via a Custom RTMP destination.
- Stream to a 3rd party channel that is not included in our list of destinations.
- Cross posting to other channels
- More platform control when used with Facebook Live Producer
- Used as a one time event or on a scheduled basis
NOTE: If you need to connect Switchboard Cloud to a previously created Facebook Live Event via Custom RTMP, please check out this article.
Streaming Tip #1 - First you will set up the scheduled steam inside of Facebook Live Producer and then you will use the Stream URL and Stream Key to create a Custom RTMP in Switchboard Cloud.
Streaming Tip #2 - Keep in mind that Going Live from Switchboard Cloud to Facebook as a custom RTMP is different than Going Live from Switchboard Cloud to an authorized Facebook destination. You must first set up the stream in Facebook Live Producer so that it knows to expect video from Switchboard Cloud.
- Select "Create post" and choose the Live Video icon
- You will be brought to the Facebook Live Producer Page
Make sure to choose "Use Stream Key"
- On the Left panel select "Schedule a Live Video"
Fill out the details of your post, such as date & time
Use the down arrow to choose: Post as a page, group or profile
- Under set up options select "Use a Persistent Stream Key"
- Hit the blue button to "Schedule your Live Video"
-this action creates the Stream URL and Stream Key
- Next, you'll be taken to the broadcast screen
-Copy the Stream Key and Stream URL
-this info will be used to create the Custom RTMP destination in Switchboard Cloud
Now you can add the Facebook Live scheduled stream as a Custom RTMP to your Switchboard Cloud Account.
- Log into Switchboard Cloud
- Choose Add Destination and select New Destination from the menu
- Select RTMP from the list
- Paste the Stream Key and Server URL that you copied from Facebook into the appropriate fields. NOTE: The Server URL starts with "rtmps://"
- Name the Custom RTMP to easily identify for repeat use.
- Hit the info button on the right
- Add more destinations depending on your needs.
TIME TO "GO LIVE"
- Send video from your encoder to Switchboard Cloud
- Check and ensure video is present in the Switchboard Cloud confidence monitor
- Select the Destinations on the right and hit the green "GO LIVE" button
- In Facebook Live Producer - verify that video is showing in the Preview window
- Video will automatically "GO LIVE" on Facebook at the scheduled time
- You can also "GO LIVE" immediately by hitting the blue "Enable Manual Mode"
- At the End of the Broadcast
-Facebook Live Producer - hit the red button "End Live Video"
-Switchboard Cloud - hit the red button "STOP STREAMING"
When it's time to repeat the Stream:
- Open Facebook Live Producer
- Select one of the Schedule options on the Left panel
Make sure that both "Use Stream Key" and "persistent Stream Key" is active
- Start sending video from Switchboard Cloud to the destination