You've previously created an event in YouTube Studio, and now you want to add it to your Switchboard Cloud account as a destination using the Custom RTMP method.
Streaming Tip - Simplify your workflow by adding the Youtube Event as a Custom RTMP destination only once in Switchboard Cloud. Inside of YouTube studio select the reuse stream settings when it is time to stream to the destination again.
Follow the steps below to get started:
- Open YouTube Studio
-You will be prompted to re-use the previous stream settings.
-Select "Reuse settings" or select the down arrow to choose from the list.
Now, add the YouTube Channel as a Custom RTMP to your Switchboard Cloud Account.
Log into Switchboard Cloud
- Choose Add Destination and select New Destination from the menu.
- Select RTMP from the list.
- Paste the Stream Key and Server URL that you copied from Youtube into the appropriate fields.
NOTE: The Server URL starts with "rtmp://"
- Name the Custom RTMP to easily identify for repeat use.
- Hit the info button on the right.
TIME TO "GO LIVE"
- When it's time to Go Live, turn on your encoder.
- Check that video is present in the Switchboard Cloud confidence monitor.
- Hit the green "GO LIVE" button
- In YouTube Studio- verify that video is showing in the Preview window
- Hit the Blue "GO LIVE" button (if Auto-Start is not enabled)
Congratulations! You are now streaming to your previously created YouTube Live Event using Switchboard Cloud's Custom RTMP method!