You've previously created an event in YouTube Studio, and now you want to add it to your Switchboard Cloud account as a destination using the Custom RTMP method.
Streaming Tip #1 - Simplify your workflow by adding the Youtube Event as a Custom RTMP destination only once in Switchboard Cloud. Inside of YouTube studio select the reuse stream settings when it is time to stream to the destination again.
Streaming Tip #2 - Enable the "Auto-start" functionality in YouTube Studio so that the video will automatically start streaming at the scheduled time.
Follow the steps below to get started:
- Open YouTube Studio
-You will be prompted to re-use the previous stream settings
-Select "Reuse settings" or select the down arrow to choose from the list
Now, add the YouTube Channel as a Custom RTMP to your Switchboard Cloud Account.
Log into Switchboard Cloud
- Choose Add Destination and select New Destination from the menu
- Select RTMP from the list
- Paste the Stream Key and Server URL that you copied from Youtube into the appropriate fields.
NOTE: The Server URL starts with "rtmp://"
- Name the Custom RTMP to easily identify for repeat use.
- Hit the info button on the right
TIME TO "GO LIVE"
- When it's time to Go Live, turn on your encoder
- Check that video is present in the Switchboard Cloud confidence monitor
- Hit the green "GO LIVE" button
- In YouTube Studio- verify that video is showing in the Preview window
- Hit the Blue "GO LIVE" button (if Auto-Start is not enabled)
Congratulations! You are now streaming to your previously created YouTube Live Event using Switchboard Cloud's Custom RTMP method!