Switchboard Cloud's Stream Share feature will expand your global reach.
Expand your audience and viewership by #multipublishing (crosspost) your live streaming event with Switchboard Cloud’s Stream Share feature.
NOTE: The branded StreamShare feature is only available for the Business Tier
Switchboard Cloud's stream share feature allows you to create branded streams and post them to other social channels that you do not own. It’s quick and easy to set-up. Simply fill out the contact info to send an invitation to the social channels you want to publish to. The invited person accepts the invitation and authorizes the social channels they want to include in your Switchboard Cloud account.
Benefit #1 - The stream title, description, and hashtags that you create for your event will post on both your destinations and theirs. When you Go Live, they Go Live.
Benefit #2 - You have the ability to publish to other social channels without requesting their login credentials. Which will allow them to keep their information private.
Benefit #3 -They control which social channels they will allow you to publish to and their followers will receive push notifications.
Let's get started!
Create the StreamShare Event
- On the Workflow page, click the Add Destination button.
- Choose Stream Share.
- Fill out the details to create the Stream Share Event. Press NEXT.
An invitation modal will pop-up
- Fill out the contact information. *Phone number isn’t necessary.
- Hit SEND INVITE after each shared invitation.
- Hit CLOSE, when you are finished sending invitations.
Switchboard Live will send an email to the recipient, asking them to share their social destinations with your Switchboard Cloud account.
The invited person must complete the authorization process and select the destinations they want to share. Once this step is complete, you will be able to add their shared destinations to your Switchboard Cloud workflow page. Click HERE to learn about this step.
NOTE: The invited person must have live streaming enabled for YouTube and have the proper admin credentials for the social channels that they want you to publish to
Add the shared destinations to your Destination Group
- Click the Add Destination button.
- Select EXISTING DESTINATION from the menu.
- The shared destinations will be available to add to your Destination Group; Check the box next to the destinations you would like to add.
- They are now included in your Destination Group.
Congratulations! You have successfully used Switchboard's Stream Share feature and have begun the journey of expanding your audience by cross-posting your stream to other social channels.
READY TO GO LIVE!
- Start sending video from your encoder to Switchboard Live.
- Verify that the video is displaying in the Switchboard confidence monitor.
- Go Live to your destinations one by one or Bulk select using the white box at the top of the destination group.
The stream title, description, and hashtags will be applied to the social destinations within the same group, including the shared destinations.
I received an email from Switchboard Cloud asking to share my social channels.
Click on Share My Channels
- You will be brought to a page that will display the Title of the Event
- Scroll to the bottom
The contact info provided by the requester will display in the fields.
Click on the down arrow to select the social channels you would like to add.
Choose the destination you would like to add.
Go through the authorization process and close the window when you are complete.
The authorized channels you have selected will be displayed below.
You can remove the authorization at any time by clicking the "X" icon.
TIP: Bookmark this page in case you want to make changes.