What destinations can I go live to using Switchboard?
Switchboard supports live streaming to a variety of destinations. Below is a list of Native and Custom RTMP destinations that you can multistream to from Switchboard.
- Native Destination - the destinations that we have direct integration with, you authorize the connection by logging into these destinations using your credentials (typically an email and password).
- Custom RTMP - the destinations that use the combination of an RTMP/s URL and Stream Key.
There's no extra fee or upcharge for going live to RTMP destinations, Facebook groups, or pages. The choice is up to you!
- Facebook- profile, pages, groups
- Streaming Church
Connect via RTMP
If you need to add destinations not listed on our platform, select RTMP from the list.
What does it mean to connect to a destination via RTMP?
When connecting your live video source to a destination, you need two main pieces of information provided to you by the destination provider and necessary when streaming live video.
- The first item may be called any of these terms.
"Server URL", "Stream URL", "RTMP URL", or "RTMP Address."
- They usually start with "rtmp://" or "rtmps://"
- The second item is called the Stream Key on the majority of platforms.
Learn How to Add a Custom RTMP Destination to your Switchboard Account.
Here's a list of destinations not listed in our API that you can connect with Switchboard.
- FC2 Live
- Kakao Tv
- Vaughn Live
- Wasd Tv
Check out these resources.
How to Add Custom RTMP Destinations to your Switchboard Account
How to Rename a Custom RTMP Destination in your Switchboard Account
How to Connect Switchboard with a live streaming encoder
How to Use the Viral StreamShare™ feature