Livapp is a mobile encoder that you can use on both android and iPhone.
There are two ways that you can connect Livapp to your Switchboard Account.
- Create a new encoder workflow (ingestion point) specifically for Livapp.
- Connect to an existing workflow in your Switchboard account.
Download the Livapp app on a mobile device and follow the setup prompts.
On the home screen select Live Broadcast.
Choose Custom RTMP from the platform type.
Choose a method to connect Livapp with an Encoder Workflow in your Switchboard Account.
Create a New Encoder Workflow (ingestion point) in your Switchboard account.
Follow the steps in this support article to learn how to Add more encoder workflows to your Switchboard Account.
Make sure to choose "other" from the list of encoders.
Connecting Livapp to an Existing workflow in your Switchboard Account.
Navigate to the appropriate workflow in your Switchboard account.
Copy-paste the Server URL and Stream Key from Switchboard and paste them into the appropriate fields in Livapp.
The Server URL and Stream Key can be found below the switchboard confidence monitor.
TAP "Test the URL" for a quick test that will check to make sure the RTMP URL is valid.
- If the test is successful, a pop-up will display "the RTMP URL" seems to be valid.
Type a speaker name in the field if you wish.
Tap the "+" icon for additional speakers.
- Min storage required on mobile device = 10GB
- Local recording = toggle that on/off.
- Mini Clips - Short 30-second videos.
Auto Speed Test
Livapp will automatically test your internet connection and will provide recommendations based on your results.
The results of your upload speed will display at the top.
Choose the recommended settings or lower. Tap Next.
You'll be brought to the studio window with the features and elements to start your live broadcast.
Test the connection between the two platforms.
Press the Start Live button, located on the bottom left of the screen.
The video will begin to show on the Switchboard confidence monitor.
To end the test, press the Stop Live button, located on the bottom left of the screen.
Ready to Go Live!
Once you've configured your broadcast with the slide show and graphics.
Press the Start Live button inside LivApp on your mobile device.
The video content will begin to show on the Switchboard confidence monitor.
Select the destinations that you want to send your broadcast to.
Press the green Go Live button.
- Switchboard PRO TIP: You can save time and eliminate the need to press Go Live in Switchboard by enabling the autostart feature, ahead of time. The step-by-step instructions can be found in this support article: Enable the autostart feature.