This support article will cover the steps to create an encoder workflow when one does not exist in the Switchboard account.
Create a New Encoder Workflow
Click Create Encoder Workflow
Narrow down by type, or scroll through the list.
Click on the name to select the encoder. Select 'Other' if you don't see your type.
Set the Switchboard Encoder Region
Press the down button next to the Stream Server / URL label.
Select the server region nearest the location of your encoder.
- If you are unsure which region to select, choose US (geo-based) if you are located in the US; choose Global (geo-based) if you are outside of the US.
Switchboard will auto-generate the Server URL based on your selected region.
Press the View button to open the workflow that you created.
Configure the Encoder with Switchboard
Click to copy the Switchboard Server URL. Paste the Switchboard Server URL into the encoder settings.
Click to copy the Switchboard Stream Key. Paste the Switchboard Strem Key into the encoder settings.
- Watch our video How to connect Switchboard with any live streaming software.
Test the connection between your encoder and Switchboard
- Start live streaming from your encoder into the Switchboard account.
- Within a few moments video should display on the Switchboard preview window.
- The status below the Switchboard preview window will update.
A successful connection will display the following information
- Green light
- Receiving Status
- Incoming bitrate
Set up the Encoder workflow
Click on the button Create Group, located in the workflow header.
Give the group a name, and press Save.
Click the green button to add destinations.
Select New destination ( or Existing if you already have destinations saved to your Switchboard account).
Click on the social icon to select the destination type.
Click Authorize Switchboard Live.
Follow the authorization prompts.
Congratulations! You've successfully created an encoder workflow for your Switchboard Account.
Read more, Learn more.